The objective of the course is to provide the trainee with an understanding of workshop / functional calibration principles of standard measuring tools.
Prior knowledge of Standard Measuring Tools is expected.
Note! Should this not be the case it is recommended that attendance on the one day Fundamentals of Dimensional Metrology Training Course is carried out prior to attendance on this course.
This course is comprised of the following elements…
- Introduction to Calibration
- Introduction to Uncertainty of Measurement
- Errors of Measurement
- Functional Calibration of:
- Standard Vernier Caliper (BS EN ISO 13385-1)
- Digital Vernier Caliper (BS EN ISO 13385-1)
- 0-1” Micrometer (BS EN ISO 3611)
- 0-25mm Micrometer (BS EN ISO 3611)
- Digital Micrometer (BS EN ISO 3611)
- Depth Micrometer (BS6468)
- Depth Vernier (BS EN ISO 13385-2)
- Height Gauge (BS EN ISO 13225)
- Digital Height Gauge (BS EN ISO 13225)
- Dial Indicator, Lever & Plunger Types (BS2795 & BS907)
- Introduction to UKAS
- Aspects of Calibration and its Application
- Methods of Minimising Measurement Errors
- UKAS and Calibration Systems