Service & Repair
The objective of the course is to provide the trainee with a basic understanding of the principles associated with the servicing and repair of basic measuring instruments.
An understanding of basic measuring tools would be advantageous.
- This course is comprised of the following elements…
- Each instrument is broken down into its component parts showing the process of repair / replacement.
- Upon completion, each instrument is systematically rebuilt
- An emphasis is placed on the practical aspects of each instrument
Instruments covered are:
- Micrometer (Standard & Digimatic)
- Calipers (Vernier, Dial & Digimatic)
- Dial Indicators
- Dial Test Indicators
To gain a practical understanding of the principles involved in the service and repair of basic hand tools giving the ability for minor repairs to be completed on site and the measuring tools placed back in service promptly.