Metrology Training Instructor
Location: Coventry or Andover
Mitutoyo are the world leaders in the provision of high precision dimensional metrology equipment, instruments and systems capable of accurately measuring to sub-micron level. In the UK we supply, install and support this equipment via staff based at 4 sites – Andover (HQ), Coventry, Halifax and East Kilbride.
Based at either the Andover or Coventry Metrology Centres, this role will deliver existing accredited C&G Metrology Units to a wide range of ages and abilities at any of our UK Training facilities (Andover, Coventry, Halifax or East Kilbride) or on site at customer premises as well as to identify and develop further units.
Experience of production and inspection techniques in order to relate to customer applications and the subject is essential.
Candidates must have an excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal.
The successful applicant will have
- completed an Engineering Apprenticeship or have production shop floor/quality control experience
- be confident in using Mitutoyo measuring equipment, particularly CMM’s or have transferable skills – specific training will be provided where necessary.
- be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge and appreciation of dimensional metrology.
- experience in working within a C&G accredited centre would be an advantage
- experience in training Adult Learners or transferable skills would be desirable
- be prepared to work independently representing Mitutoyo at our own sites and at customer premises
- experience working with a CRM system
- experience in resolution of Technical Support calls
- excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- experience in the use of Microsoft Office; windows functionality and excellent keyboard skills
- a willingness to learn; be very well organised; flexible and self-motivated and to travel
- Competitive Salary + commission scheme
- Medical scheme (subject to length of service)
- Working hours – 8.30am to 5pm
- Employee car park