FMI Field Service Engineer
Location: Midlands, Wales and surrounding areas
About the role
Mitutoyo are the world leaders in the provision of high precision dimensional metrology equipment, instruments and systems capable of accurately measuring to sub-micron level. In the UK we supply, install and support this equipment via staff based at 4 sites – Andover (HQ), Coventry, Halifax and East Kilbride.
A Field Service Engineer is sought to join our team of Form Measuring Instruments (FMI) Service Engineers - ideally based in or near Birmingham in order to support our customers in the Midlands, Wales, Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire and bordering regions as necessary. This is a multi-tasking role requiring attention to detail, excellent & clear communication skills (written & verbal) and good organisational skill in order to maintain service records and work methodology. A period of training would be undertaken, during which it would be expected that terminology specific to our industry would have to be learnt as well as working to our own exacting standards.
After completing a Training Programme for our range of Form Measuring Equipment, you will be involved & responsible for the following activities with regards to our equipment at Customer premises.
- after sales service support
The successful candidate will
- Have a good grounding in Mechanical or Multi-Disciplined Engineering skills
- Have an appreciation of Dimensional Metrology
- Have good computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Hold a valid & clean driving licence
- Have the ability to work alone while representing Mitutoyo at Customer premises
- Be prepared to work flexible hours when required
- Be prepared to assist colleagues in other regions of the country when required
- Competitive salary
- Medical scheme (subject to length of service).
- Employee car park at our UK sites
- Company estate car
- Mobile phone, tablet and all the appropriate equipment required
- Canteen facilities at our UK sites
To apply for this position, please either contact HR on 01264 353123 or email email@example.com for an application form, or if you already have a detailed CV please submit in writing, marked Private & Confidential and providing your anticipated salary requirements, to:
Mitutoyo (UK) Ltd
West Point Business Park